Monday, June 24, 2013

The Show Must Go On





In light of last nights drunken festivities, huzzahhhh!
My morning cereal went down like a handful of eight penny nails
Your voice the hammer that tacked shut my shithead coffin
Last nights words were meant for me and my self-loathing

I'll take my serial homewrecker van and drive
A path that jerks like an epileptics seizures, hold my tongue
To a place where the new "she" will latch on and dress me
In clothes that she will prescribe like illegal anti-depressants

And when she feels my change has settled in evenly
The solids separated from the putrid liquids
I will sweep myself into the finest gold lined dust pan
And take her out for drinks and verbal manslaughter

Really folks....the show must go on

7 comments:

  1. Oh my the price one must pay for tying one on...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn that hammer!
    Wow, I have to read it again...the epileptic
    seizure path is
    so raw and real-

    Your dizzy dance has me entranced
    and so true the show must go on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers, the cereal like a handful of nails, the epileptic path, the makeover and the verbal manslaughter. Wickedly good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Corey... Such a quixotic moment has been captured here!

    I've just made my way through the poems written for your prompt and have been blown away. Thanks for a glorious challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a path that jerks like an epileptic seizure...that line should go down in history.bravo brother.hats off!

    ReplyDelete