Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bizarro Superman


To Love Someone - A Photograph by Kenia Cris


....I don't know Kenia, but I love the photos posted for the challenge and plan on familiarizing myself with her work post haste. I chose this photo because of my love of the guitar, my love of love and all the little nuances wrapped up in relationship.  When I was looking at the picture I was listening to a song called "Waiting on a Superman" by The Flaming Lips.  I love playing that song and the chords at the first of the stanzas are the first three chords in the song...at least as I play it.  Hope Kenia doesn't think this is too far out there....its just what came out....If she hates it...she can kick my ass.




G major, G Spot, G Man, G String, Gina, Gina
That song you wrote me last February….resonates
Keeping tempo and causing palpitations, wrinkling time
I can’t believe Beth was your favorite KISS song, travesty repeats
Pass me a note

Do you like me?
Yes
No
Circle one

A minor, A bomb, A for effort, A train, Amy, Amy
That poem you wrote for me last February….drips
Eyelids too sticky to open, but the colors brilliant
When I push on my eyes with your delicate fingertips
Pass me a note

Do you Hate me?
Yes
No
Forgive me

D ring, D lish, D cell, Heavy D and the Boys, Diane , Diane
The essay you wrote me last February, the one about why I suck….burns
My reflection tasting like a mouth full of meal worms and turned wine
It would take years to craft a response worthy of your attention
Pass me a note

Can you see me?
Yes
No
Forget me

18 comments:

  1. I doubt Kenia will be kicking your ass :) This is a great poem. I can see you plucking at the strings...trying to hit the chords that will bring the answer you wish to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you were listening to Flaming Lips when you wrote it, I listened to it while reading it. This is an amazing poem! I especially like Diane, she seems to be a girl with attitude! The response you never crafted, don't worry about it - silence can still say a lot and in a few years she might start feeling sorry herself for the things she once said (or wrote) about you. :)

    I'm glad you found inspiration in the photo, I like taking pictures of strangers being sweet in ways one can surrender.

    Thanks for participating. :)

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did you like the song? Iron and Wine does the same song and I actually like it a little bit better. Thanks for the inspiration and the read....you roooocckkkk!

      Delete
  3. See, I knew Kenia wasn't the ass kicking type; she's too nice. Besides, this poem is a fricking D-light, it had me smiling away and remembering. I had a very close male friend back in school days, and he had a girlfriend who was quite cool. He was always asking me "do you think she hates me?" (She didn't...far from it.)

    However, I *am* here to kick your ass farrrrrrr into next week for not being part of last Friday's Fireblossom challenge. I was watching for you and you stood me up, big meanie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suck.....I know. I was outta town for work and forgot to bring my Ipad with. I promise....I will participate on the next go around. Do you hate me....Yes...No...circle one.

      Delete
    2. whips out a pen and scribbles "pending"!

      Delete
    3. Its better than I deserve....(slinks away with renewed hope)

      Delete
  4. Oh Damn, Corey! When you're on a roll it is very sweet. How clever is this: the notes, the flow of thoughts, the girls, the uncertainties. I just love the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love. will you go with me? circle yes or no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "go with" kind of an odd term...but back then it certainly meant the world...and yes...yes a thousand times yes...lol!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic to read you again hon..this is awe inspiring, you always did have a talent for striking word play, phenomenal xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhh....Poppyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! How good to see you. Been trying to pul myself off of the WC and put my stuff on to my blog and then start making rounds to the sites that are actually worth it like RT, AB, ME and PU. expect to start seeing me back there and not so much on the WC. You know I love me some Poppy.....Hella Kiss......sorry about the tongue.

      Delete
  7. This was my original choice but I realize that when I was composing the poem that I knew nothing about playing the guitar. So I chose another picture.

    I like the idea of playing with chords and yes, asking the question towards the end. Very creative Corey ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a guitar player and poet of sorts...I totally dig this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should have called this G-Major Root Position LOL!!!

    It's very clever. :)

    I replied to your reply.

    ReplyDelete