Monday, June 11, 2012

Portrait of the Artist





I found the Portrait of the Artist particularly cool...hope its alirght that I used that picture.


Hannah Gosselin - Portrait of the Artist


I saw two thoughts floating behind a pair of bible blue eyes
Take me with you, I promise to mind the days
And carry your sack of inspiration, ready at a moment’s notice
And keep your secret in the chestnut box carved by northerly breezes
Locked until your grandfather’s untimely death from loneliness

A light for seeing
A light for warmth
A light for sharing views
A light for eating maple bars
And one to light the pews
A light to kill the specters laugh
A light to still the dogs
I’ll hold that light til’ morning comes
And chase to mud the frogs

I saw two thoughts floating behind a pair of bible blue eyes
Your slingshot modifiers matching mother nature’s  boldest strokes
I pulled tight the brim of my cap to shade the brilliance
Of verse torched from solid steel plate and freesia stems
As a woman you have built believers out of dirt and paste

 As an artist you shape my universe……..


7 comments:

  1. Bible blue eyes..love that. You are one of the most creative people I know...well, internet know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so honored that you used my portrait to inspire your poem!!!

    I really like these for a couple of reasons...

    "A light to still the dogs
    I’ll hold that light til’ morning comes
    And chase to mud the frogs"

    Because a week ago one of my dogs had passed to the next realm, the second because I'm oft holing the light to inspiration in the wee of morning hours and then third not even an hour ago I was literally chasing frogs to mud!!!

    So very cool!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us, there're so many inspiring lines here, such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last stanza is so sharp and bold with inspiration ~ I love it ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tribute! Especially love those last two lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you used Hannah's own picture cos I, too, thought it was a wonderful shot. This really needs to be put to music if it hasn't been already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just an exceptionally wonderful read from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Your slingshot modifiers matching mother nature’s boldest strokes"
    as in David and Goliath?

    (Pardon me, just dissipating the energy a bit from this startling adoration. It woke me from a daze, I think.)

    ReplyDelete