Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sea Salt




I didn't know it
But my sanity had been trimmed with my last haircut
"What the fuck is your problem," she asked
I told her I was just keeping it in the basket
And kept dancing
I knew that the brine that had once coated the relationship
Had solidified, you could use it to salt the sidewalk now
She slipped anyway, testing, tasting
I hope she comes back around and not for the sex
No, she was the seasoning, a pinch of this, a shake of that
A shaft of unbearable light, the world never stood a chance

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes a relationship needs time to bloom.. loved this poem!
    Excellent write :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Especially this line: "She slipped anyway, testing, tasting"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A shaft of unbearable light, the world never stood a chance." Great line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every now and then we have too much salt, sad but sometimes we just need a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's a selkie for sure, and what she offers has the salty taste of sex but it's more, so oceanically more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure know how to set your reader up for an amazing concoction of human foibles and undying needs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! The salt on the rim of my Margarita is always my favorite part--besides the tequila, that is. This is full of wry asides, but manages to shoot its message clear and clean as a shaft of light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope she comes back around and not for the sex. Or not only anyway! Is it wrong that I kept reading this with a voice shrieking where is my handbasket!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes even a pinch of salt is more than we need. Love your ending.

    ReplyDelete