Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Dues


As we lay taking turns sipping from the same flawless spring sky
You press your finger to my lips and tell me to "watch"
With a wave of your hand, the brilliant blue before me
Washed an inky black, deeper than the "U" in universe

Bathed in light

My Pupils expand but not large enough to take in your soul
You gently poke holes in half of the night sky whispering "stars"
"These are for you to gather inspiration from"
Her hand traced infinity on my thigh

Far from sight

On the other half of the velvet black sky
She painted the face of a young girl crying for her mothers "touch"
"This is to remind you to hold dear your compassion for life"
Her eyes boring deeply into my galloping heart

Nothing to lose

She straddled me and kissed me fully
Her breath so sweet and icy, the tip of her tongue "warming"
"This is to remind you that you are mine"
Her soul blanketed my being, triumphant as she was

I paid my dues

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourites - it speaks volumes about the lovers'place in the Universe, their place in the never-ending cycle of regeneration. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete