Tuesday, April 16, 2019

When I Call



Your reach was telescopic that day, no matter how much I retreated, you saw me
Its like when you meet someone for the first time and your judgment is dead wrong
Thank the Gods that you had better sense than I did, that isn’t hard really
I have never been know for my practicality, only for chasing my summer dreams, silly

I relished those days on the couch where we watched funny shows and touched only our feet
Life has a way of magnifying those delicacies, only after they are gone, sepia, worn
I would give every roller coaster ride for those moments, the ones where we flew
Heavens how your hair looked and smelled after a shower,  my libido etched forever in strawberry

There is a telephone somewhere, the old rotary kind, it is black with too big numbers
To this day I search for it , knowing that it is surely around the next corner and then the next
When I find it, it will be a direct line to you and the days of mix tapes and red wine
And I will invite you to patio dance once more, your naked hips a forever prize, eternity


11 comments:

  1. "Heavens how your hair looked and smelled after a shower, my libido etched forever in strawberry

    There is a telephone somewhere, the old rotary kind, it is black with too big numbers
    To this day I search for it, knowing that it is surely around the next corner and then the next
    When I find it, it will be a direct line to you"

    Phew. I'm feeling lightheaded now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredibly sensuous and beautiful in its nostalgia and longing!💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took us there, let us feel, let us blush a little. Oh that phone, I wonder if she wishes she'd get the call. (My phone call would be a joint, cheap wine, and Humble Pie. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nostalgia of that old telephone... there is an almost nightmarish feeling of that labyrinthic search for a connection..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old phones are creepy really, maybe its the ones we see ringing on the table in the movies...Thanks Bjorn!!

      Delete
  5. Oh, how brilliant; what fabulous nostalgia. I think we all have some version of that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. here, here. I'll raise my glass of red wine to ya! the olfactory senses really do get us. love is quite the delicacy indeed. even after long-gone, it can retain it's tanginess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the long-distance connection between the telescopic reach and the telephone across the stanzas, and the aside: ‘I have never been known for my practicality, only for chasing my summer dreams, silly’, so human. I love the sensuality in ‘my libido etched forever in strawberry’ and the elusiveness of the direct line.

    ReplyDelete