Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Passau

     There are those girls with the handsome thighs, chittering and whispering, the sideways glance an indication that they know you are looking at them. The skin that the sun cannot blemish, soft like butter and cream.  They prance in an ebbing sun chained together with adolescent cinching, straining and breaking under the weight of the oncoming woman’s world hips. The call of  a life yet to come in a land of little resistance or want. But for now they swirl, dancing to a tune so wholesome it need be whistled sharply else the winds carry it prematurely to the land of accountability.


     The call of the river is a whisper most days and silent in the winter like death. But the screams of springtime get in a girls head and push boundaries.  She may get stuck in the eddy that takes her like a rocket to the bottom, trying to sift the mica from the silt and waking in the morning to the truth that it was not gold after all. When she resurfaces, lungs straining for one gulp of familiar air to set right, she is spit out on the tracks located at the intersection of lust and broken bones. Nostalgia floats in on the summer water and the yearning for deep rooted familiarity dances on the green surface of that Danube dream.


     There will not likely be another moment in which the girl has the time of day or the key to her identity until the butter and cream skin is patched with the scars and discolorations that show the depth of her experience. It is only then that wisdom and beauty build a bridge over that mighty current allowing one to cross with fingers in ears and a mind full of not what is right for the world, but first and foremost, what is right for her mind and soul. Some will say it can be the best part of a woman’s life, when the key is turned in that lock, but every girl cannot help to remember that sharply whistled tune and like riding a bicycle, the sideways glance from a woman is artistry that never fades.  

31 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to read you, Corey. I often reflect that young women dont realize the power they have, at the peak of their flowering..........not till the butter and cream has wrinkles do they look back and decide they should have been far more confident than they were. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see this in girls I know, but I think they need to try themselves in the eddies... the scars and the blemishes is what turn them to women. Wonderful metaphor with the mica... My niece is doing this at the moment, but I think she will grow wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the beautiful part I think, he growth of woman, figuring it out. thanks Bjor!!

      Delete
  4. I thank the universe for eddies, and for sharp hearing, and for heat that pushed me to swim... for the scars-turned-jewel that will never let me forget those long ego days, or how delicious today is. Tomorrow, well... I shall lick it and she what it tastes like.


    I absolutely love this, Corey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see you in this looking glass, finding your way and having a great time doing it. Thanks Girly Q!!!

      Delete
  5. Omg I LOVE this!

    (and thank you so much for your recent kind comment at my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you, Corey!💞 This is so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see and read you as well. I hope you are doing well!!! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. The power of women. You summed it all up nicely. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely said, Corey. I believe it starts early, like eight or nine. We have our granddaughter during the day when her parents are working. I still enjoy the "sideway glances" or the smiles or winks. I've always hung out with younger than I am girls and ladies. Married that way also.
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each creature comes on heat in their own particular way, to entice the male to mate with them. Sadly humans have blurred this process with inane rules. This is just as well or the planet would be overrun with them...Oops! We are already, something really has gone wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness! I'm floored by this! That intersection of lust and broken bones, or beauty and wisdom building bridges.....I love this prose poem. On point!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nostalgia floats in on the summer water
    and the yearning for deep rooted familiarity
    dances on the green surface of that Danube dream.

    By which time it is often too late to re-track. This is the result of trusting and succumbing to men's flattery too soon!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. The different shades is a woman that make this world colourful...

    ReplyDelete
  13. "sift the mica from the silt and waking in the morning to the truth that it was not gold after all"--what a beautiful, heartbreaking line. We truly appreciate only what we have lost--or, perhaps, never had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Corey!!!!! <3
    I love this so much. It does really go with that teensy reflection I shared, about noticing and being oblivious and all that. Gosh this is just perfect... I am still, still resisting the land of accountability (for better or worse) and certainly have those marks of ages on my thighs. Wow. Just love it.
    It's so good to read your words this morning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Babyluv!!!! Thanks so much. Been trying to do a bit more writing. I really like that last one you did. I could so picture it happening.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, Corey, you have worked your magic with this piece. A perceptive and beautiful description of womanhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey SA....thank you. Loved your spec fiction, want to see more!!!

      Delete